See part one of this post here. Continue to let these truths seep into your heart, so that you may desire to study God’s Word more.
5. Because the Bible is a wholly sufficient communication from God. The Bible contains everything we need God to tell us for salvation, for trusting Him perfectly, and for obeying Him perfectly.
…that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:17)
Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. Do not add to His words lest he reprove you, and you be proved a liar. (Proverbs 30:5-6)
6. Because the Bible is clear. The Bible is able to be understood by all who will read seeking God’s help and willing to follow it.
The law of the LORD is perfect, restoring the soul; The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. (Psalms 19:7)
7. Because many have misconstrued the meaning of Scripture to their peril.
…as also in all his [=Paul’s] letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. (2 Peter 3:16)
8. Because teachers shoulder an immense responsibility.
Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we shall incur a stricter judgment. (James 3:1)
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness. (2 Timothy 3:16)
9. Because many can testify to the depth of Scripture.
…as also in all his [=Paul’s] letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some thing hard to understand… (2 Peter 3:16)
10. Because through deep study and honest application of God’s holy Bible can we love God more.
…but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. (1 John 2:5)